IT, E-commerce & Outsourcing
The team has considerable experience in advising companies in information technology and outsourcing sectors and on various legal issues involving privacy, protection of data and online gaming/ gambling.
The team members have advised and assisted companies in matters relating to data theft, hacking, phishing, pharming, spamming, pornography, liability of service provider obligations on intermediaries and network service providers, data centers etc. The team advises clients on various provisions of the Information Technology Act and rules including offences/ violations committed thereunder. The team has advised and assisted several companies in structuring, commencement of business operations in online gaming/ gambling sector and has assisted them in drafting, negotiating and finalizing related commercial and licensing contracts.
The team members have advised clients on issues relating to e-commerce transactions, e-contracts and website development (associated contracts) apart from assisting them in negotiating and finalizing contracts pertaining to software licensing, software development, and master services agreements, service level agreements etc. The team members also advise clients on issues relating to protection, transfer and storage of data (considering European Union’s Data Protection Directive) including drafting of privacy policies and providing advice on data protection compliance.
Our services in the technology and outsourcing sector include:
- Online gaming and gambling including issues relating to virtual world/ social networks;
- Internet and e-commerce issues including advice on B2B/ B2C trading and associated contracts (such as software development and license agreements);
- Structuring of investment and commercial agreements for joint ventures, business transfer, mergers and acquisitions etc.;
- Data Protection and privacy including confidentiality agreements;
- Equipment procurement, outsourcing and facility management agreements;
- Service provider and re-seller arrangements;
- IT Outsourcing and Call Centre Operations;
- Issues arising out of Information Technology Act and rules framed thereunder;
- Advisory and assistance in corporate commercial issues including company incorporation etc.; and
- Advisory and assistance on tax related issues.